Myco-Symbiot 10kg BULK
Availability: In Stock
Myco-Symbiont is a revolutionary biological plant media and nutrient additive that contains a select formulation of VAM - Vesicular Arbuscular Mycorrhizal fungi, PGPR - Plant Growth Promoting Rhizobacteria and MHB - Mycorrhizal Helper Bacteria.
VAM fungi, commonly referred to as endomycorrhizae, are root inhabiting fungi that form a symbiotic relationship with the roots of plants. They colonise the plants’ roots extending their nutrient transporting hyphea far beyond the nutrient depleted zone immediately surrounding growing feeder roots, and greatly increase the host plants ability to acquire nutrients such as N-Nitrogen, P-Phosphorus and K-Potassium.
PGPR inhabit the roots and rhizosphere of plants and influence plant health and productivity by a variety of mechanisms that involve solubilisation and acquisition of mineral nutrients, stimulation of root growth and suppression of disease carrying organisms.
MHB consist of two different overlapping groups of bacteria that firstly promote mycorrhizal formation and secondly interact positively with the functioning of established mycorrhizae.
Symbiot’s HOST DEFENCE inoculations also contain numerous pest and disease preventing micro-organisms that perform defence jobs for their hosts that cannot be performed by the plants themselves.
The difference between Myco-Symbiont and other myco products is the addition of PGPB – Plant Growth Promoting Bacteria that perform a process called ‘dark cycle photosynthesis’, which effectively increases the performance capabilities of the inoculum. This product is commercial quality for the discerning commercial grower!
Myco-Symbiont comes in fine granules of less than 250 micron for improved water solubility when being sprayed out (check the size of your drippers/ equipment); best practice when applying with water is to mix well and keep agitated prior to use. Larger sizes available/ enquire about trade pricing for commercial operations.
There are numerous benefits in hydroponics to warrant the use of Myco-Symbiont:
- Prevents damping off.
- Prevents root rot.
- Prevents bud rot.
- Decreases grow time.
- Improves host protection against insect attack.
- Improves nutrient efficiency.
- Improves yields.
There are many application techniques, the best way is to incorporate Myco-Symbiont into your existing propagation system- attain maximum benefit by using it at the earliest stage of plant growth, from planting from seed, cuttings and transplanting!
- Dust seeds when planting.
- Dip cut end of cutting in root hormone followed by Myco-Symbiont powder and insert into plant media as usual.
- Dip or dust plant roots in Myco-Symbiont whenever transplanting. (use a spice or salt & pepper shaker - be careful to not damage roots).
Plant Media Additive:
- Just before planting seedling, pour approx. 5g or ½ teaspoon of Myco-Symbiont into planting cavities, pots and trays already filled with soil or plant media. Then immediately plant into cavity. The inoculum can also be mixed through the plant media additive or soil.
Plant Media Drench (watering in):
- Approx. 25- 50g per 10 litres of water/ nutrient. Mix well, keep agitated. May be mixed with watering equipment that allows passage of 250 microns or larger. Water until just before run off to maintain product efficiency.
“2-3 applications should ensure successful colonisation of mycorrhizal fungi and beneficial bacteria in container grown plants. Ideally done at planting & transplanting!”
Enhance your grow system further when you use Myco-Symbiont in combination with Symbiot’s Rhizo and Phyllo-Symbiont.
VAM - Mycorrhizal Root Inoculant
Root Conditioner -
NET 10kg BOX NEW ONLINE SIZE FREE FREIGHT PROMOTION available UNTIL 31st AUG 2015!
Part proceeds of $0.50 per product sold go towards Carbon Neutral tree planting projects within Australia.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: